Sheriff's office receives state accreditation | News
GEORGETOWN COUNTY (WCSC) - Sheriff Lane Cribb of the Georgetown County Sheriff's Office recently received a certificate of accreditation award.
During the accreditation process, all areas of the sheriff’s office were inspected and scrutinized to determine if the policies, standards, and performances were in line with recognized best practices and standards.
The final step was an "On-Site" inspection which took place March 5- 6, where assessors visited the sheriff’s office to see operations first hand and solicit public input on the agency’s performance.
The entire process took two years to complete. The Georgetown County Sheriff’s Office is one of 19 law enforcement agencies in South Carolina to receive state accreditation.
Copyright 2012 WCSC. All rights reserved.
Top Georgetown Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Trio arrested after deputies discover meth lab in Berkeley Co.
- Moncks Corner rape victim files suit against bond companies
- Berkeley Co. School District to host 'Stuff the Bus Golf Tournament'
- Police serving robbery warrants find drugs, rifle at Moncks Corner home
- Tornado warning issued for portions of Berkeley County