Georgetown man dies in hospital from crash injuries | News
GEORGTOWN COUNTY, SC (WMBF) - A Georgetown man has died from the injuries sustained in a crash on Monday.
Georgetown County Coroner Kenny Johnson identified the man as 45-year-old Steven Lance Jr. of Georgetown.
Lance Corporal Judd Jones with the South Carolina Highway Patrol says he was driving his car northbound on Johnson Road Monday afternoon just after 1 p.m. when he ran off the right side of the road into a ditch.
The crash caused a utility pole to crash down. Lance was transported to the Medical University of South Carolina in Charleston for treatment where he succumbed to his injuries on Tuesday.
This accident remains under investigation.
Copyright 2012 WMBF News. All rights reserved.
Top Georgetown Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Cops: Charleston man attacked, pushed wife down stairs
- Plenty of craft beer on tap Saturday at the Charleston Beer Garden
- SCE&G: Heavy rope fell on Ravenel Bridge, broke three light poles
- Annual Southeastern Beard & Moustache Championships returns May 25
- Student reports threatening tweet to police department