Call leads to arrest of 2 suspects in Georgetown Co. | News
GEORGETOWN, SC (WCSC)- Georgetown County sheriff's deputies arrested two suspects Wednesday morning who were reportedly caught stealing items and stashing them in a vehicle.
According to a release, deputies received a call on January 30 around 4 a.m. that a suspicious vehicle was parked on Collins Creek Drive in the Murrells Inlet Community. Deputies say the vehicle appeared to full of stolen property.
Deputies say 21-year-old Alan Edward Goldstein and 21-year-old Jacob Michael Walton were spotted walking out of nearby woods pushing a bicycle towards a gate marked "no trespassing."
When deputies asked the two suspects whose items were in the vehicle, deputies say they both refused to answer.
Goldstein and Walton were both charged with 1st degree burglary and five counts of breaking and entering into motor vehicles. They are both being held at the Georgetown County Detention Center.
Copyright 2013 WCSC. All rights reserved.
Top Georgetown Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Trio arrested after deputies discover meth lab in Berkeley Co.
- Moncks Corner rape victim files suit against bond companies
- Berkeley Co. School District to host 'Stuff the Bus Golf Tournament'
- Police serving robbery warrants find drugs, rifle at Moncks Corner home
- Tornado warning issued for portions of Berkeley County