Deputies find 18 bags of heroin during traffic stop | News
GEORGETOWN, SC (WCSC)- A traffic stop in Georgetown Co. led to the arrest of two suspects after deputies found 18 small bags of heroin in the car.
Georgetown Co. sheriff's deputies arrested Willie James Edwards, 32, and David Leland Yelton, 26. Edwards was charged with trafficking heroin and resisting arrest, Yelton was charged with possession of heroin.
According to a release, deputies stopped the suspects around 1 a.m. Thursday morning after the car they were traveling in rolled through a stop sign near Stevenson Road. The car also had expired vehicle tags.
Deputies say Edwards, the passenger, had 17 bags of heroin in his possession. Edwards resisted arrest, but was subdued by deputies.
A search of the vehicle also uncovered a small bag of heroin in the center console, which Yelton, the driver, claimed was his.
Both suspects were taken to the Georgetown County Detention Center.
Copyright 2013 WCSC. All rights reserved.
Top Georgetown Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Trio arrested after deputies discover meth lab in Berkeley Co.
- Moncks Corner rape victim files suit against bond companies
- Berkeley Co. School District to host 'Stuff the Bus Golf Tournament'
- Police serving robbery warrants find drugs, rifle at Moncks Corner home
- Tornado warning issued for portions of Berkeley County